When you sign up to fly at one of our local Fly Days, you will experience something you did not dream possible. We often call our Challenge Air Pilots the ones who make the “magic happen”. Without YOU, there is no Challenge Air.
What is expected? After you sign up on our website and provide Challenge Air with all the necessary documents, we will invite you to fly for the day at the designated site you signed up for. We expect our pilots to fly between 5- 6 missions lasting approximately 30-minutes in flight.
First: Ensure that you meet the minimum requirements to become a Challenge Air Pilot:
- Valid airman’s certificate
- Flight log showing 500 flight hours total time (minimum)
- Current medical certificate
- Qualified and current to carry passengers in your aircraft
- Proof of current biennial flight review
- Proof of Aircraft passengers Liability Insurance ($1M combined liability minimum) for the aircraft used (owned, rented, or borrowed)
Requirements for an Approved Challenge Air Flights aircraft:
- Must have a minimum of 4 seats
- Must have 2 yokes
- Must be clean and in safe and fully operational condition
- Must have current Annual/Conditional aircraft inspection